You asked and we listened…we’re happy to announce that we will again hold a costume contest prior to the bike ride!
For those who are interested in participating, the contest will start around 5:30pm. We will start enrolling interested participants around 5:00pm (we’ll be walking around with clipboards and will also be around the “Grove CID” tent in front of the Post Office).
There will be five categories with limited spots available. The categories include:
- Best Female
- Best Male
- Best Couple
- Most Hairy
- Most Creative
This year our master of ceremony, Tatyana Telnikova (Handlebar), will lead our panel of judges in crowning the winners. The judges include:
- Jessie Mueller (Rise Coffee)
- Sam Coffey (The Fortune Teller Bar)
- Nick Kanter (4 Hands Brewery)
So put on your thinking caps, get those bodies painted and bring home the crown!
Winner’s baskets are include prizes and gift certificates from:
- Just John’s
- Rise Coffe House
- Mokabe’s Coffeehouse
- Spoked Bikes
- The Shaved Duck
- Scottish Arms
- Katie’s Pizza & Pasta Osteria
- Fortuneteller Bar
Get excited! The 8th annual World Naked Bike Ride St. Louis is less than two weeks away!
Here is the ROUTE for this ride.
A few important things:
- We encourage you to be safe, wear a helmet and have lights on your bike
- We ask that photographers and press help create a safe space by being respectful and asking CONSENT to photograph, and encouraging others to do so!
- Although you can be as bare as you dare during the ride, the St. Louis city requests that we cover our privates at the pre/post party
Pre ride gathering 5-7pm
- If you need, park your car at the Grove CID parking lots at 4173 Manchester or 4352 Manchester
- Gather on Manchester in front of HandleBar
- Support the surrounding businesses and enjoy the street
- Join us for the Costume Contest at 5:30pm.
7pm We Ride!
- The Route is here
- We will have a police escort, so please be respectful of their instructions and DO NOT ride in front of the escort.
- Be safe, wear your helmet (even if it’s the only thing you wear:)
- Spoked STL will be proving a team of leads on tall bikes
- We’ll have a truck or bus following the ride in case anyone has a break down and needs a lift
8:30pm We Party!
- Enjoy the Grove, support the neighborhood, drink 4 Hands and dance
- Again, as per request of the neighborhood, we ask that you cover up a bit after the ride
- There will be bicycle parking available at the bike racks along Manchester and Talmage