1) Route Assistance (Spoked STL and others)
Thankfully, Spoked STL will be bringing 5 or so cyclists from their team to help with the route at larger intersections and at turns. Because the ride has gotten so large, it will always be helpful to have more riders help with keeping the ride together. This includes helping block intersections (if you’re experienced in this).
- “one lane,” “stay to the right,” etc when we’re trying to keep everyone together (and not biking on the opposite lane of traffic, certainly). If you see somebody taking up the wrong side of traffic, do your part and let them know!
- communicate about oncoming cars, “clear” if there’s nothing, “car back” if there’s a car behind, etc.
- if you hear/witness any inappropriate behavior, please call the rider out. We want this to be a safe and empowering experience for all.
- communicating turns so riders behind you know what’s coming.
- communicating construction or other road hazards so riders behind you know what’s coming. (potholes, etc. Lindell Ave will have one section of construction as well.)
3) Chants (all)
Help lead some chants on the ride! A few can be spotted here: http://wiki.worldnakedbikeride.org/index.php?title=Slogans.
[Riders AND Non-Riders]
At the end, we will need help pushing riders into the designated area of Manchester. And then we party!